This is another favorite dessert that my family enjoyed very much. My dad who likes cherry fruit cake became a fan of this simple but very tasty dessert. Many thanks to the French who invented this amazing comfort food.
1/2 cup ground almonds
1 tbsp flour
a pinch of salt
1/2 cup sugar
3 egg yolks
1 cup heavy cream
unsalted butter (to grease)
confectioners sugar (to dust)
300 g fresh cherries, pitted and cut in halves
- Mix together the ground almonds, flour, salt, and sugar into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl beat the eggs, egg yolks and the cream.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture. Whisk the batter until it becomes smooth.
- Generously butter 6 ramekins and dust over confectioners sugar. Divide the cherries among the ramekins, and pour the batter over the cherries.
- Place the ramekins on a large baking sheet. Bake in a preheated oven (190 degrees Celcius/375 degrees Fahrenheit) for 20-30 minutes. Check with a toothpick if the clafoutis have set in the middle. If not continue baking until they are ready.
- Let them stand for 10 minutes. Dust with confectioners sugar.